Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 06: Whimsical Musings (A 100 Word Challenge)

I know I just did a 100 Word Challenge the other day, but I discovered a new challenge had been posted over at Velvet Verbosity's blog and I had to take the challenge. Also, I'm pretty out of it today so I thought I would try for something a little less intense.

Whimsical Musings (A 100 Word Challenge)



Sitting in a field of tall grasses swaying and whispering in the late summer breeze, she watches intently as the dragonflies dart to and fro in a seemingly haphazard manner following a path known only to them.
In her minds eye she is a miniscule fairy warrior mounted upon the back of her dragonfly mount, surrounded by her sisters and brothers and they keep watch over their mystical glade.
A cloud passes between the sun and the earth and momentarily shades the field in grey and she and her warrior kin brace for the coming army of Eldrich the Darque. 

6 comments:

  1. This was really fun. I can picture the fairies riding their mounts and zipping through the glade. Very "Fern Gully" :)

    visiting from 100 words

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. I think That's all I need to say :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason it leaves me wondering the age of the character. But then, maybe that was your intention. ;)

    ReplyDelete